This cutter is about the size of the boat used by Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry to transfer his flag to Niagara during the Battle of Lake Erie, 10 September 1813. Perry began the battle on board his flagship, Lawrence. After two hours of hard fighting Lawrence was a helpless wreck but Niagara had been on the outer edge of the fight and was only slightly damaged. Perry was lucky he still had a boat to enable him to shift command to Niagara and continue the battle to victory.
Main Office: Tom Ridge Environmental Center 301 Peninsula Dr., Suite 3 Erie, PA 16505 814-217-9011