Pennsylvania Sea Grant Advisory Committee
Setting Statewide Programmatic Priorities
Pennsylvania Sea Grant’s mission is to promote the sustainability of Pennsylvania’s ecological and economic coastal and watershed resources through science-based research, education, and outreach. To achieve this mission, Pennsylvania Sea Grant develops and supports research, education, and outreach programs and partnerships, and relies on the public for knowledge, advice, and guidance. The best source for such guidance is an active, well-informed, and committed Advisory Committee.
Current Advisory Committee members
- Tim Bruno, Chief, Office of the Great Lakes, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Sarah Beganskas, Water Resource Scientist, Delaware River Basin Commission
- Ellyn Campbell, Supervisor, Monitoring and Assessment, Susquehanna River Basin Commission
- Greg Czarnecki, Director of Applied Climate Science, Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Matt Greene, Park Operations Manager, Presque Isle State Park, Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Marty Kociolek, Director, Penn State Behrend School of Science
- Danielle Kreeger, Science Director, The Partnership for the Delaware Estuary
- Pat Lupo, Environmental Program Director, Inner-City Neighborhood Art House
- Chuck Murray, Lake Erie Fisheries Biologist, Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission
- Jim Rutkowski, Retired, Strong Vincent High School
- Andy Warner, Director, Penn State Water Initiative
Purposes of the Advisory Committee
- To identify needs and opportunities that can or should be addressed by Pennsylvania Sea Grant extension, education, research, and communications programs.
- To alert Pennsylvania Sea Grant to new trends or information that may affect its future.
- To help create new connections, collaborations, partnerships, and funding opportunities that will potentially further Pennsylvania Sea Grant’s mission or provide resources for Pennsylvania Sea Grant programs.
- To advise on priorities and assist in defining program directions.
- To educate and inform decision-makers at the state and national level about the role and value of Pennsylvania Sea Grant programs
- To provide input to Pennsylvania Sea Grant’s review and monitoring processes, including strategic and implementation plan development and evaluation, periodic internal or national reviews, and research proposal review and prioritization.