On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) and Pennsylvania Sea Grant hosted the fall 2018 Pennsylvania Lake Erie Environmental Forum (PA LEEF). Featured speakers included Penn State Behrend researcher, Dr. Anthony Foyle, who discussed “Coastal Bluff Erosion” and his work to increase the knowledge of Lake Erie bluff erosion, Pennsylvania Sea Grant’s Research Director, Dr. Sean Rafferty, presented the PA Great lakes Water & Land Technical Resources Website & Web Mapping Application, Pennsylvania Sea Grant’s Marti Martz and Anna McCartney led presentations and discussions about plastic pollution in our waters, Jill Bartolotta and Sue Bixler of Ohio Sea Grant examined the impacts of plastic pollution on our waters, the social science behind consumer behavior, and a regional opportunity to collaborate on a plastics outreach campaign, and Tim Bruno, Chief of the DEP Great Lakes Office provided updates on rulemaking regarding the Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Waterway, the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, and the Pennsylvania State Water Plan.
- Coastal Bluff Erosion – Presented by Penn State Behrend researcher, Dr. Anthony Foyle
- PA Great Lakes Water & Land Technical Resources Website & Web Mapping Application – Presented by PA Sea Grant’s Sean Rafferty
- The Enduring Impacts of Plastic – Presented by PA Sea Grant’s Marti Martz and Anna McCartney
- Partners in Plastic Reduction – Presented by Ohio Sea Grant’s Jill Bartolotta and Sue Bixler
- Great Lakes Updates – Presented by PA Department of Environmental Protection’s Great Lakes Office Chief, Tim Bruno
For access to agenda, presentations, and summary contact us!